The US Marshals Service, which provides custody of cryptocurrencies seized by or forfeited to federal law enforcement agencies, said it’s investigating a possible hack of US government digital-asset accounts.
“At this time, we will not be making any statement as the matter is under investigation,” a spokesperson for the agency said in an email.
On Jan. 26, Patrick Witt, executive director of the President’s Council of Advisors for Digital Assets, said in a on X that he is “on it,” and linked to another post by an anonymous onchain investigator who goes by ZachXBT. In the online note, ZachXBT claimed that government seizure addresses were among the digital wallets from which a hacker stole more than $60 million in late 2025. ZachXBT couldn’t be immediately reached for comment.
Last year, President Donald Trump a national Strategic Bitcoin Reserve, holding forfeited Bitcoin, as well as the US Digital Asset Stockpile, holding other digital assets that were forfeited as part of criminal or civil asset forfeiture proceedings.
Hacks have long plagued crypto. More than in crypto was stolen in 2025, according to researcher Chainalysis.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Florida Insurance Costs 14.5% Lower Than Without Reforms, Report Finds
Trump’s EPA Rollbacks Will Reverberate for ‘Decades’
Fingerprints, Background Checks for Florida Insurance Execs, Directors, Stockholders?
A 10-Year Wait for Autonomous Vehicles to Impact 国产福利 真实s, Says Fitch 

